Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Change of plans

Default Change of plans

So I've had a plan in my mind of exactly how I'll react when dd bites me. I would say "no biting" and take her right off. Well today was her 4mo checkup and she got her immunuzations so of course I feel terrible watching her get shots. So the nuse left the room and I was comfort feeding her and...you guessed it. She doen't have teeth yet but chomped down and I jumped but didn't yelp or anything...I figure I'll let her get away with it this time

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Default Re: Change of plans

It is alarming ... even without teeth.
    Alasdair got two bottom teeth for Christmas. Today, he bit me. Hard. I probably overreacted, though I didn't mean to.
    He refused to nurse after that.
    Man, it hurts.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

It hurt so bad even though she doesn't have teeth! How could you not react when they chomp down??

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

So far I've been lucky. My LO hasn't bitten me on purpose. However, I did read in the Dr. Sears book that when they bite, you should press their head into your breast so that they have to let go. If you yell at them it causes them to go on strike.

Again, I have no experience with this, I'm just passing along the info.

Good Luck!

I didn't have any idea just how much DS was going to hurt me when he bit with teeth, so it came as a shock when he did it!! I did shout out because the pain was awful!! He went through a 48 hour period where he kept on doing it, and I was in agony. Eventually I got good at the pushing him into the breast, and he's stopped again for now.......
    Claire, Mum to Archie, 5 and Jack, almost 3! Number 3 on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieBean View Post
    It hurt so bad even though she doesn't have teeth! How could you not react when they chomp down??
    You can't not react if it hurts bad enough. If it makes you feel better, I got bit hard enough once that it made me jump and yelp and yank her off the boob. It scared her so much that she cried (which I fet bad about, even though I was tearing up too from the pain) but she never ever bit me again.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I've been "gummed" with force and yes, it hurts!!! I fear the teeth!