Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: teeth or mastitis

Default teeth or mastitis

so my lo who is 4months this sat has a tooth!!!! and i think he bit me. i thought i had a plug duct but now i am unsure. i looked and at the bottom of my aerola i have a red spot n there feels like a lump under it. could this b just from a nip? mastitis? or a plug? its really tender. im not sure what to do. any info thanks

Default Re: teeth or mastitis

It is mastitis when you start feeling like you have the flu. Right now it sounds like a plugged duct. i get them when I get bit too. Orient baby's chin towards the lump, and nurse often. A hot compress always helps me with the pain. A microwaved rice-in-the-sock is wonderful.

I have had mastitis twice. There was no doubt in my mind when I had it, I woke up in the AM feeling SICK + symptoms of plugged duct.

Quote Originally Posted by erindj View Post
    so my lo who is 4months this sat has a tooth!!!! and i think he bit me. i thought i had a plug duct but now i am unsure. i looked and at the bottom of my aerola i have a red spot n there feels like a lump under it. could this b just from a nip? mastitis? or a plug? its really tender. im not sure what to do. any info thanks

Hope you feel better.
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

is it possible to have a plug under ur aerola? or could it have been a nip that would make me red and swollen? i am trying warm compress and pumping and nursing and no improvement yet. tia

Here is some helpful information:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html