Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need Help Increasing Supply

Default Need Help Increasing Supply

I was sick a few weeks ago & was taking some Tylenol Cold medicine (as my doctor told me it was safe) & nursing also. Since then, my supply isn't what it used to be. I used to be able to pump 3-4oz per side, now I only get 1oz, if even that. I really need my supply to come back up as I need to start pumping due to starting classes soon. Any tips on how to increase supply?

Default Re: Need Help Increasing Supply

Do you pump exclusively?

Do you happen to know which Tylenol Cold you took - there are many varieties...

Check out this link to see if it has anything helpful to you
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Antihistamines are not all that good to use in a breastfeeding mom as they can effect your milk supply; decrease it. I think this is why Number3 was asking what type you took.
    More frequent milk removal, and rest will help things get back to regular.

i ahve taken it and my supply droped also. it took abtou 3-4 days for ti to get back to wher eit was, but i only took it for 4 days adn then stoped. Gook luck
    1st Goal 3mo 12-30
    2nd Goal 6mo 3/30
    3rd Goal 9mo
    4th Goal 1 year

I am becasue you are and you are because i am!

all day and Love all night!
    with DH Corey for 1 1/2 years!

I was taking the Multi-symptom Tylenol Cold day & night pills. the box says it has antihistamines in it, along with dextromethorphan & phenylephrine.
    i am not pumping exclusively, i bf 99% of the time & just used to pump an extra bottle or two for dh to feed to ds. i haven't needed to pump other than that & i need to start a freezer stash soon and still want to be able to bf while together. i have been eating oatmeal everyday & drinking more water(which is all i drink anyway) & it's not really bringing up my supply.

How is baby's diaper output? Is baby healthy and gaining well?

Rest, pay attention to good nutrition and hydration, encourage your baby to nurse very frequently.

Here's a link to more information on increasing the amount of milk you are able to pump: www.llli.org/FAQ/pumpwork.html

HTH. Hang in there!

Tiana

Output is good. He is very healthy & right where he should be weight wise.

This web page contains some ideas for building a stored supply:
    http://www.workandpump.com/pumping.htm

And here's a video that shows you how to maximize the amount you are able to pump:
    http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastf...roduction.html

HTH!