Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fenugreek Anyone??

Default Re: Fenugreek Anyone??

I like Mothers Milk Tea and it has fenugreek in it.
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

I took it early on and it did not really do much for me. However, a few days of super pumping and nursing helped. I would pump 10 minutes and then 15 minutes off, pump 10 15 off, 10 on, 15 off for several hours. Be sure to lube up with lanolin (sp?) first to keep your nips from getting sore. Now, I have tons of milk. My supply drops if I am away from my LO (i.e. out of town conference for work) but pumping and nursing gets it back every time.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

I have taken herbs from the beginning to keep up with my two. I have used More Milk Plus capsules and have recently switched to just plain Fenugreek d/t the cost (MMP is around $35 a month, the Fenugreek is $8). I take 2 twice daily, but I think you are supposed to take 2 three times daily until your urine/sweat smells like maple syrup. I have also tried Mother's Milk tea, but according to the package you are supposed to drink like 6 cups a day!

In the multiples forum, someone suggested taking a plain old Calcium supplement to increase supply...