Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: uneven supply

Default Re: uneven supply

i would say im nursing 8-10 times in a 24 hour period

Ok so your removing a healthy amount of milk and seem to have an abundant night time supply. You nurse upon waking correct?
    Thats a long stretch of sleep your baby is getting! Wow. Its a long time for milk to sit around. What sort of techniques for reducing milk have you tired so far? Does baby empty the breast first thing in the morning?

yes i feed her first thing in the morning and she will empty one side but gets full and does not empty the other till the net feeding.
    it wierd she goes 10-12 hours at night w/out feeding but then in the day she nurses every hour or 2

and i am not pumping all kinds of milk or anything. i just pump enough for her cereal

Hi,

Some oversupplied mothers find that any amount of pumping causes them trouble. You might want to consider trying hand/manual expression. It doesn't usually exacerbate oversupply the way pumping can, and most oversupplied moms find it relatively easy.

HTH. Hang in there!

Tiana

im not sure how to hand express my milk. i tried yesterday but i just couldnt get much to come out. maybe i wasnt doing it right