Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Amby

Question Amby

Hi-- my son will not sleep for more than 1 hour or 1 hour and a half at a time-he is 13 weeks old and his sleep times have been getting shorter not longer since birth. We co-sleep and his sleep is restless and jerky. I swaddle him but he is starting to hate it and break out of it all the time. I usually have to carry him in the sling and take long walks for naps. I am starting to breakdown and burnout. I was looking at an ad for the Amby and was wondering if anyone has used it and liked it. I wonder if he is waking up because of reflux- he takes meds for it and the doctor has declined to increase the dose because he gaining and growing but sometimes he yelps as if he is in pain.
    Let me know if you like the Amby or have considered it-
    thanks
    sleep deprived Suzie

Default Re: Amby

Hi Suzie! We didn't purchase the Amby, we didn't even know about it until a few weeks ago. Of course it would be our luck to find something that probably would have helped us tremendously right when DD is starting to outgrow her reflux. I am guessing that it would have helped our DD immensly because she really only slept comfortable and soundly in her swing (semi-upright and rocking much like the Amby) for those first few months. We started seeing a huge improvement in her condition right around 5.5 months. I also figured out at about 4 months that she had a milk protein sensitivity and once I cut out dairy we saw some improvement from that as well. You're lucky that your doc will even prescribe something for his reflux, ours wouldn't give us anything and there were many times when I KNOW that DD was in significant pain (we've since changed peds). Let me know if you try the Amby, I'm interested in whether or not it really works. Especially if we have another DC anytime soon...
    Amber
    Mommy to Bridget (12/20/05) and Brady (9/6/07)

I'm also interested to know if it had worked for somebody else before buying it.My DD didn't like the swing so I kind of elevate her head using a towel.
    So I'm not sure whether she will like amby baby.

I think it's too expensive to try out now- he's over 3 months old and he doesn't sleep in the swing so I have reservations about him adjusting to the Amby now- though I think he would have been a perfect candidate for it as a new newborn- I had no idea it existed- but he is the perfect Amby candidate- restless sleeper, reflux, low stimulus barrier, wakes up even in the co-sleeper, needs to be walked and rocked to sleep. Darn
    Suzie

I just discover the Amby a few days ago, it sound like a great thing to have, I know I love to be in a hamaca, especially sleep, so I guess it would be great for a baby. But I have to agree, it's veeery expensive, almost more expensive than a crib.

I also agree with PP.Its expensive and there is no return policy.My DD is 6 months old.So I'm not sure whether she will like it anymore.