Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahhhh! I Go Back To Work Tomorrow...

Default Ahhhh! I Go Back To Work Tomorrow...

OMG! i am totally freaking out! i go back to work tomorrow and of course our entire family in just getting over the flu. i am leaving DS with a friend of mine and i have no clue what to leave as far as milk for him. hes 18# 6.5oz and 7mths old. he usually nurses every 1 to 1.5hrs on one side. i have a small freezer stash. how many oz will he eat from 7am-3pm. how do i tell her how much to feed him per meal. anyone know? also anything else i need to know before going back.... HELP!

Default Re: Ahhhh! I Go Back To Work Tomorrow...

1-1.5 oz per hour you are away from baby go with the higher amount to be safe the first day (12 oz)

Good luck hon!!
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Quote Originally Posted by adamEMMAbella View Post
    OMG! i am totally freaking out! i go back to work tomorrow and of course our entire family in just getting over the flu. i am leaving DS with a friend of mine and i have no clue what to leave as far as milk for him. hes 18# 6.5oz and 7mths old. he usually nurses every 1 to 1.5hrs on one side. i have a small freezer stash. how many oz will he eat from 7am-3pm. how do i tell her how much to feed him per meal. anyone know? also anything else i need to know before going back.... HELP!
    No advice as far as EBM mama. But wanted to send and give you lots of 's. Are you all feeling better?
    Did you get flu vaccines? How bad was it? Did your DS get it too?

I'd take your stash and keep it frozen. Give instructions on heating it, and I'd do it in smaller amounts so as not to waste BM. Like, don't prepare a whole 8 oz bottle, instead so maybe 2-3 oz portions and have her see if he is still hungry after that.

Good luck Amy!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I only gave them 4 oz bags at the most. but to start i did 3 oz bags....BTW I liked the lansinoh bags best
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

My DD is about the same size & age as your LO. She drinks 4.5 oz about 3 times a day when I am gone. So, your plan for about 12 oz sounds good. About two of her bottles have a little left in them when I go to pick her up.

Maybe send some extra just in case. Make sure your DCP knows that bm is very precious! The DC we use was trying to preemptively feed our DD the first couple of days she was there and she was having none of that, so 2 bottles of bm went down the drain because they heated it and then she wouldn't take it for an hour

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

Please give this handout to your friend and go over it with her. Click here to determine how much EBM your LO will need. Good luck!

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

How was your first day back?

Hope your first day back went okay

I'M BACK! I OBVIOUSLY SURVIVED..... MY DAY STARTED REALLY BAD, WITH TEARS AND SNOT ROLLING DOWN MY FACE FROM THE TIME I WALKED OUT THE DOOR TILL ABOUT 8AM. THEN I PUMPED , WORKED, ETC .. I DECIEDED TO CALL HOME TO SEE HOW HE WAS DOING AND HE WAS SCREAMING IN THE BACKGROUND!!!! SHE SAID HE WOKE UP SHORTLY AFTER I LEFT AND WOULD NOT TAKE A BOTTLE, JUST SCREAMS. IT WAS NOW ALMOST 10AM. I CALLED MY HUSBAND HYSTERICAL TO GO HOME AND GET THE BABY. WHEN I GOT OFF THE PHONE, I GOT SICK TO MY STOMACH,(ACTUALLY VOMITTED) JUST THINKING OF MY BABY NEEDING ME AND I CAN'T HELP HIM. MY dh CALLED ABOUT 20MIN LATER AND SAID HE CALMED HIM DOWN AND GAVE HIM A BOTTLE. HE SAID HE LOOKED SCARED OF HER I KNOW SHE WOULDN'T HURT HIM, ITS JUST HE NEVER HAS BEEN AWAY FROM ME, EVER! WE SLEEP TOGETHER, EAT, TOGETHER, HECK WE EVEN SHOWER TOGETHER. SO I THINK HE WAS JUST SCARED WITHOUT ME AND NOT USED TO TAKING A BOTTLE. I DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK UNTIL MON AM. SO I THINK I WILL PUMP A FEW TIMES A DAY AFTER FEEDING FOR MY STASH AND BOTTLE FEED HIM 2 TIMES A DAY UNTIL THEN. I ALSO WANT HIM TO SPEND A FEW HOURS A DAY WITH DCP SO THEY GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER WHILE I AM HOME TO RESCUE HIM. THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE. I WASN'T ABLE TO PUMP MUCH MILK, PROBABLY BECAUSE I TOOK SOME ROBUTUSSIN FOR MY CONGESTION AND MAYBE IT DRIED MY OUT, DO YOU THINK SO????? ANYWAYS, I GUESS I AM JUST GLAD TO BE HOME AND IF YA'LL HAVE ANY REAT WORDS OF WISDOM FOR A SMOOTHER M,T,W OF NEXT WEEK ,I NEED IT NOW AND WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!