Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i know i wanted this, but...

Default i know i wanted this, but...

i am sooo sad! i knew when i became pg that i had no interest in tandem nursing. and, i did ask how to go about weaning, but never really got around to starting. it just kinda started to happen on it's own, so i went with the flow and did the don't offer, don't refuse. unless i was putting him to bed or if he awoke at night. well, he is now pretty much weaned. of his own accord. when he wants it, it is to play with or poke at, or he just touches his lips to my breast and pops off and giggles. i still have milk, so i know it's not that. like i said, i wanted to be done for when dd gets here. but, i guess i didn't expect it to hurt so much. especially since i not only hit my original goal, but surpassed it. i am just so sad!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Default Re: i know i wanted this, but...

I know how you feel, I think! I can't say that I had been enjoying nursing recently, but now that it has been over a week since my LO last nursed, I am starting to realize he might really be done and it's hard to let go of that phase of his life. Of course, if he asks again I might just go ahead and let him try to nurse again, but I know what you mean with feeling sad about it.
    Hi! I'm Ann, Mama to my "big baby buffalo" , DS#1, who breastfed from August '06 to January '08
    and DS#2, my"little baby buffalo" born in May '08 and exclusively breastfeeding

it's like a sinking feeling. very overwhelming! i think i just didn't think i would be so affected by it, being pg and all.
    Lisa
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Lisa, I understand why you would feel sad, but I hope you are proud that you surpassed your goal!
    I think I would feel the same way if DD self-weaned now (though I don't think there's any chance of that happening with this little chica).

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Don't be sad Lisa. You did GREAT!!! You are soo lucky it happened now before the baby got here. So you can focus on reworking on your nursing sessions into cuddling sessions instead. That way when the new baby gets here you can focus on giving them both what they need!

Way too lazy for formula

BTDT.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

thanks ladies! i think alot of this might be pg hormones, i cry everytime i think about it!
    Lisa
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen777 View Post
    thanks ladies! i think alot of this might be pg hormones, i cry everytime i think about it!
    Could be from just weaning. Weaning can cause emotional reactions too. I think, as PP's have said, you did great Lisa. I'm super proud of you mama.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms View Post
    Could be from just weaning. Weaning can cause emotional reactions too. I think, as PP's have said, you did great Lisa. I'm super proud of you mama.

i didn't expect it to be this hard seeing as i wanted him to be done before the new baby, i just feel like he is missing out. and, that our special time is over. i keep telling myself that we have moved into a new and exciting time because he is becoming a little person, but it still hurts.
    Lisa
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

I am right there with you (pregnant and all.) I had planned to wean before the new baby, too, but this is SO HARD. I am really depressed right now. I hope it passes. I know some if it is hormones . . . but I can't think about it without crying, either. I hope it helps to know someone else feels the same way.

again and best wishes!