Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not sure where else to post this....

Default Not sure where else to post this....

Hey everyone! I've been on this forum for a few weeks now. I am BF my ds and he is 12 weeks old and growing GREAT! I am so, so, so, so happy about it...especially because he was very sick at birth. And ESPECIALLY because I did not succeed my first time.

I guess I am seeking opinions and encouragement about my two-year-old dd. These days, I am REALLY depressed that I didn't succeed at BF her. I just didn't have anywhere to turn...or I didn't know where I could get help.

Because my boy was sick in the early days, I had lots of frozen milk. I want to use it before it gets too old, but I can't really use it with ds because I rarely have a need to give him a bottle. But, I could easily give it to my daughter, right? I mean, wouldn't she really benefit from it too? I was just going to mix it with her cow's milk.

I asked my husband and I thought he was going to think it was gross or something and he was VERY supportive of it! It would make me feel so much better to give her some of the same benefits as the new baby.
    Becca SAHM to
    Veronica 10/31/05

and Preston 10/28/07

<--- me!
    (I love this smiley!)

I finally got on Facebook! If anyone wants to be my
    friend.

Default Re: Not sure where else to post this....

Absolutely! It's a wonderful source of nutrients and antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by home executive View Post
    Absolutely! It's a wonderful source of nutrients and antibodies.
    Go for it!!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Do it! It can't hurt her, and certainly could help her.

There is honestly NO logical reason not to. You don't want to waste the milk, and your daughter could still benefit from it, I say go for it!

I have one due in April and am still BFing my almost 2 year old, I've decided that if she weans when the baby comes, she's getting any extra I've got (and if last time was any indicator, I'll have plenty of extra)

I think it's a great idea.

I have made my six year old a milkshake out of it.