Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping and Oversupply

Default Pumping and Oversupply

I want to pump to have extra BM on hand especially because I will be going back to work in 6 weeks, but I don't want to increase my already abundant supply. My supply seems to be finally regulating itself and I don't want to screw that up either! Thoughts?

Default Re: Pumping and Oversupply

Good question. Tell me more about your nursing pattern. About how many times per day does your baby nurse? One side or both? Are you using the block feeding method to keep you supply under control (feeding on one side for "x" hours)?

Funny you should ask! I have been debating going to two sides per feeding as DD gives feeding cues a few minutes after she appears to be done eating...but currently I am feeding on one side for 1 feeding approx 2.5-3 hours. My supply seems to have regulated itself (or she has gotten used to the OALD), but DD is almost 8 weeks and is growing like a weed - 11 lbs/24 inches.

I block feed DD so I pump from the unused breast in the morning. I was told to only do this every other day because I get so much (around 6 oz), so I usually just pump Mon, Wed, and Fri. Good luck.