Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: blood blisters on nipple?

Default blood blisters on nipple?

I have these weird black dots on my nipple and DH says they look like blood blisters. Does anyone know what they might be?

Default Re: blood blisters on nipple?

Blood blisters on the nipple can indicate some latching difficulty. A friction blister may come from too shallow of a latch. Have you considered calling your local leader?

Yeah I am going to call LLL leader in the morning. DD has been tugging, chonping and useing my nipple as chew toy and my nipples are in so much pain that I thought about giving her formula (she has not had formula since she was a few weeks old and I really dont want to give it to her) My nipples hurt so bad and she has been having a little bit of latch trouble the past week witch is strang because she has always had a very good latch since the day she born. I have no idea what has been going on with her lately. I also think she might be going through a bit of a growth spurt too. please if anyone has any advise at all please let me know.

12 weeks is prime time for a growth spurt. Can you tell us more about the tugging and pulling? Is this during a letdown, the start of a feed, during gas pains?

What positions are you using to nurse in?

I nurse belly to belly and she is fine the fisrt five minutes of nursing but then after that she starts tugging and pulling so when she starts doing that I take her off the breast and burp her and let her take a little break and then i try to nurse again and she will be ok for the first few minutes and then she will start the tugging again.