Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I practically had a emotional breakdown at work yesterday!

Default I practically had a emotional breakdown at work yesterday!

Everything just built up...

1. Both my kids and myself have been sick for a week. After working all day, I have to come home to snot noses, coughs, and fevers, along with a baby who wants me every second that I'm home. What's for dinner, giving medicine, being loving to my DH, cleaning, just to name a few...

2. I HAD to be at work this week, because we got a new computer system and the trainer is only there this week! (Everyone is stressing out and we are all relying on eachother for help.)

3. I felt bad that my mom (my babysitter) had to watch 2 sick kids.

4. I worried about my mom catching their cold and then I'd loose my babysitter.

5. I showed up for work yesterday and one of my co-workers (who is always there) called in sick! I wasn't angry with her, just the whole situation. Here I was at work when my heart wanted to be at home with my sick kids.

6. Just found out my dad most likely will need a heart valve replacement. He is having more testing done Monday, so my mom can't babysit. My MIL had a liver transplant and I feel guilty having her watch the kids all day. She won't tell me no, so I feel like I have to watch out for her, too. Work is busy Monday so I feel guilty there too for taking time off.

7. Most of this babysitting stuff is on me, because my DH work graveyard shift. So, I'm on my own during the day most days.

8. I'm SOOOOOO worried about my dad! The news of him needing this heart surgery was the breaking point for me emotionally!

I laid it all out there to my boss and I decided I was going to take Monday morning off. That way my MIL will only have the kids for 3-4 hours in the afternoon. My boss was very understanding. I just wish I hadn't cried.

I came home and talked to DH about how I was feeling and he brought me flowers later.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Default Re: I practically had a emotional breakdown at work yesterday!

Shelley thru it all how wonderful to have a man who will do that for you. Hope your kids feel better. Hope all is well with your dad. Some weeks are sooo hard. But

Mama, You have A LOT going on! You deserve to take a break and do whatever you feel is best for you and your family. I hope your kids feel better soon and that your dad will be ok. Take care of you and your health too!!! I wish you all the best.

Thank you so much for listening! I just have to realize, I can't do everything. My family always comes first and that's why I made the decision without asking first about taking Monday am off. My boss even said my family should come first. I just worry about everyone! And now this thing with my dad is added to the mix. I don't know anything more on his heart. But if he does have to have his valve replaced, then my mom will want to be home to take care of him. And she should be! Then I have the whole babysitting problem again. Luckily, my boss and co-workers are aware of this too. I told them I don't know how I keep everyone's schedules straight.

I work M (8-7) and T, W, Th (8-5).

DH works Sat-Tues (9pm-7am) Then of course he has to sleep during the day.

My mom drives 30 minutes and gets to my house by 7:20am. I have to give her a schedule so we can keep it straight when DH is sleeping or off.

DS goes to Preschool M-F 8-12.

My MIL watches my very active 6 yo and 4 1/2 yo nieces all day Wed-Thurs. So those 2 days are out for my kids.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000

that is a rough place to be mama. But rest assured... my pop had a valve replacement and it went well and he is doing well now!!!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    that is a rough place to be mama. But rest assured... my pop had a valve replacement and it went well and he is doing well now!!!!!
    Oh I'm so relieved to hear that! Thanks!
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000

Said a prayer for you and your family
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

It sounds like you have a lot going on. This will pass and life will get better.
    Melissa, mom to my very busy 4-year-old little man and super busy 2-year-old princess.

Thinking of you and your family!
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

sometimes a good cry helps! makes me feel better to get it all out every once in awhile. i'd say yours was well-deserved and you shouldn't feel bad about having the cry even one bit! hope all works out for you.