Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: No Poo for 1 1/2days - Is that okay?

Default No Poo for 1 1/2days - Is that okay?

My 5 week old has not poo'd since yesterday. She seems to have a tummy ache too. I have read it's okay, but really? Shall I be concerned at this point. If not, when should it be of greater concern? In the meantime I am using Gripe Water to help with the tummy. Additional question, I was a little backed up a couple days ago, could this have caused her problem too?

Default Re: No Poo for 1 1/2days - Is that okay?

I don't remember at what age it started for my son, but I know he would sometimes go a whole week with no poop. I don't know if it's something to worry about with a 5 week old or not. Sorry I couldn't be more help! Good luck!
    Jillian
    Mommy to ...
    Ella (11/03/04)
    Owen (03/29/07)
    Cate (11/17/08)

Totally typical and 'okay'. Here's more info on poo .
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

My daughter started doing the once a week poops at about age 6 weeks or so. Although we are EBf'ing. Believe me, it took many, many calls to the pediatrician to convince me that this was alright. I thought... common, who in the world only poops twice in two weeks?! We went through the whole glycerin suppositories and what-not. I finally called the pedi back (lol, for like the 8th time) and he reassured me that breast milk is almost completely metabolized, and they just use-up most of it. This is why they dont poop as frequently. He told me that he had one mom whose LO went 22 days.

Just call your pedi! (LOL, I did) They always told me to call them anyway if her BM habits change!
    I'm Jessi
    Proud mama to Breanah Grace 9/10/07, wife to Eric
    Happily, exclusively BF for 7 months

Mine was the same way...keep track of the wet diapers (should be getting 6-8) and so long as the poop (when it comes) isn't blackish or bloody, you're OK.