Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pooping & tooting

Default pooping & tooting

i wasn't sure where else to post this but here. my ds is 3wks old and primarily getting bottled breast milk w/ 1 formula bottle at night. any tips on how to make poopin easier for him?? the gas drops help a little with the pain and frustration he goes through trying to get one out, but he still struggles like he's all stopped up. but when he does go, it's very loose and seedy like it should be.

any natural remedies out there? like some kind of tummy massage or pressure points? thanks!

angela

Default Re: pooping & tooting

My little girl has always had pooping issues. For the longest time, I had to bicycle her legs to get her to poop at all. Otherwise, she had to struggle to get it out and was obviously uncomfortable. Some babies naturally go long stretches with no poops and it's no problem, but I can tell if she goes too long, she is really uncomfortable. Up until the time she decided she didn't like laying on her back and watching me sing my poop song while bicycling her legs, I did that usually once a day to get out a good couple of toots then a good poop.

Default Re: pooping & tooting

lol.. too funny. i'll try the bicycle thing, thanks!