Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wants to sleep w/me and comfort suck..always

Default Wants to sleep w/me and comfort suck..always

So lo and I have been cosleeping since birth and we sleep really well. He sleeps through the night -10hours with the occassional feeding here and there Lately, however, for naps and specially when its off2bed night time he wants to sleep with me. He wants to comfort nurse and fall asleep and stay this way. When I try to leave he'll wake up about 10min after. I have to stay with him for up to an hour so that he's deep asleep enough for him to not notice I've left.

Before he would fall asleep nursing sometimes but would stay asleep once I left. Now, suddenly, he has decided he has a different preference This will change right? I don't really mind bc I'm a homebody anyway but I don't want him to bcm those babies that must be completely attached to mommy every second of the day -he's really independent already so....

Ideas or atleast assurance that this will change...I do feed him lying down so I don't have to worry about putting him down once he's asleep..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Wants to sleep w/me and comfort suck..always

Quote Originally Posted by jaki.my.ny View Post
    So lo and I have been cosleeping since birth and we sleep really well. He sleeps through the night -10hours with the occassional feeding here and there Lately, however, for naps and specially when its off2bed night time he wants to sleep with me. He wants to comfort nurse and fall asleep and stay this way. When I try to leave he'll wake up about 10min after. I have to stay with him for up to an hour so that he's deep asleep enough for him to not notice I've left.

Before he would fall asleep nursing sometimes but would stay asleep once I left. Now, suddenly, he has decided he has a different preference This will change right? I don't really mind bc I'm a homebody anyway but I don't want him to bcm those babies that must be completely attached to mommy every second of the day -he's really independent already so....

Ideas or at least assurance that this will change...I do feed him lying down so I don't have to worry about putting him down once he's asleep..
    My Nicolas is the same way we have to remember our LO's are only 5 and 5 1/2 months respectively. He is a big comfort nurser as well and mos time my DH can walk and put him to sleep but even still he has to sleep on him and when that doesn't work I have to nurse him to sleep and then break his suction and do quick hand off to my DH and again he sleeps on him. If we even hint on laying him in the bed he starts to cry. BTW we co-sleep as well.

At any rate it sounds like with your LO because he is older and just started this that it is a phase--have there been any changes in your lives or in your day to day routine? If not it reminds me of when you have a LO that will go to anyone or at least certain people and somewhere they decide that's not what they want anymore and then they only want mom and dad. But after a while they go back to being their independent selves.

It's like that with my LO--he goes to a dcp and I have no problems yet when I go to leave but he will lean toward the people he wants to be with. I am just hoping that it stays that way and he doesn't go through the phase where he cries when I leave. But if he does I know that eventually he grow out of it as your LO will.

BTW when is your LO's BD?
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

8/15/07 Our little ones are only a few weeks apart I'm hoping it's a phase. I think you're probably right about a change in routine. The first week of January I went to visit my sister in GA for four days and now we're back to our regular routine. Maybe that little change caused the change of preferences?

I'll just wait till the next phase

Thanks for your input!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

hey its got to be a stage. my lo was born between you guys los and she has also started needing to nurse all night or sleep on me. Before her side car bassinet was great. i'm longing for a good sleep. Good luck to you both.