Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is potato ok for a 6 mo. old baby

Default Is potato ok for a 6 mo. old baby

Hi,
    My LO will be 6 mo. on the 24th. We did not give him too much solids so far except a banana a couple of times and a potato a couple of times. Well, he loved the potato. Is it ok for him to eat it? I ask because I think he had diherria (i am sure this is spelled wrong) last time when he had a potato, but it was also spicy and from his dad's plate. That could be the reason.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Is potato ok for a 6 mo. old baby

My lo like redskin potatoes mixed with Avacado. Strange... I don't add andy butter, salt or pepper....
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

My lo loves potato as well. I can't remember how old she was when we started giving it to her, though. You could always try a small amount of blander potato and see if it upsets lo's tummy again. Watch close for a reaction and if you don't see one, increase the amt next time.

Spicy foods don't upset my lo's tummy, but greasy foods definitely cause runny poops in her. I give her baked, roasted, or mashed potatoes, but not fried.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

According to Super Baby Food (the only book I have on feeding LOs - not the one I recommend necessarily), potatoes are fine at 6 months. Sweet potatoes are one of the most nutritionally-complete foods that nature provides us, if I remember correctly.
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky