Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stopped BF @ 3 months, now 3 months later would like to restart, is it possible?

Post Stopped BF @ 3 months, now 3 months later would like to restart, is it possible?

I started to breastfeed my infant the day he was born and continued to do so for three months straight, once i returned to work I discontinued to breastfeed and now 3 months later I'd like to restart breastfeeding but I'm not sure weather I'll be able to supply any milk. I do have a hospital type pump but I'm not sure weather i should try to pump first or latch. Also I went back onto reg. BC, will that effect me?

Default Re: Stopped BF @ 3 months, now 3 months later would like to restart, is it possible?

I don't think I can be of any help but if you find out anything on this or see any results, please let me know because I would like to re-start nursing my six-month old son who refuses to feed from breast for the last 17 days.

Thaleia

Default Re: Stopped BF @ 3 months, now 3 months later would like to restart, is it possible?

I'm sure people will have some advice here, but there is also a thread for relactation on this site. I have a strong feeling that it can be done. GL

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Hello and ,

Yes! It is possible to resume breastfeeding after an interruption! There are many ladies on this board who have successfully relactated, and I'm sure many of them will share their experiences with you. There are also several others who are currently working on relactation, so we have quite the support group going on here. Check out the sticky at the top of this forum for some articles and great information to get you started. Read through our archives and you will find some great success stories, too.

Glad to have you here! Feel free to post any questions you have!

Tiana