Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Dizzy?

Default Dizzy?

I should have posted this with my previous question, and forgot. I'm not sure if this is breastfeeding related, or maybe some other postpartum thing? My son is 11 weeks old, and, for the last few weeks, I've been getting dizzy on and off. I'm trying to make sure I eat and drink enough, though sometimes it's hard, especially when my husband is at work and my baby's fussy or on high frequency days. Is this common? I'm going to the doctor for my annual physical in a week and a half, and plan to ask then, but thought I'd check to see if it might be breastfeeding or postpartum related.

Default Re: Dizzy?

you might want to have your iron levels checked. you can lose quite a bit of blood during childbirth. are you still taking your prenatals?
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

i found that keeping a pitcher of water on the table next to me when i was feeding was helpful. as was trying to have a snack on hand, too. like some dried fruit and nuts, for the times you forget to get something else.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

I had dizzyness off and on during my pregnancy and it was always dehydration-related for me. Make sure you're getting plenty of H2O.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Above recommendations are great - additionally, are you getting enough sleep?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I felt dizzy a couple times too. I think it was dehydration for me. I keep a rubbermaid container next to where I nurse & I keep granola bars & a couple bottles of water in case I forget to grab some before I sit down to nurse. I also got into the habit of going to the fridge for water before I sit down to nurse. I try to drink a bottle of water each time I nurse. I can't usually do it at every feeding, but I drink plenty of water that way.

I never remember to get water before I start nursing. You'd think after 15 months... But, no. Everytime, I get all settled then suddenly realize I'm parched and make dh get me some water. Heck, you'd think he would expect it by now, but he doesn't.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous