Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Advise needed

Question Advise needed

Hello!
    I am a new mum, baby is almost 4 weeks old.

I have challenges with breastfeeding: almost 45mins to finish from both sides and then seems hungrry for more and need to start over again.

He often sucks with too much strength (he becomes red from the effort) and my breasts are really sore! I can feel them "burning" after we are over..

Anybody with the same experience and some advise please??

Many Thanks!!

Default Re: Advise needed

Hi Eve, and welcome! Questions: Is he gaining weight and having his wet and poopy diapers? This could be a growth spurt......

Hello!

He is gaining weight and has wet diapers regularly. Poop is not regular (sometimes 3 times,sometimes less per day..)/
    Thanks!

Just wanted to let you know in the beginning it was like that for me...seems like I was almost constantly BF...its where babies love to be! Just get comfy on the couch or bed, books, snacks, and enjoy your baby
    Married to my best friend since 2001 , Proud mom of my baby girl Ella 6/19/07

"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world." John 16:21

I agree w/ pp....It was a short time for me, eventhough I thought it would never end. at about 6 weeks everything really fell into place for us.
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!