Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Co-Sleeping/Side Car Help Please

Default Re: Co-Sleeping/Side Car Help Please

You need to push the mattress up against your mattress as tight as it will go. Then take the foam or whatever you've bought to fill the gap, and put it in the crack between the crib mattress and the crib. I covered my foam with matching material, for aesthetic reasons. I also bungee corded the crib frame to my bed frame (I have a big wooden sleigh bed, but we managed to make it work) for extra security.

This is the link I like to share, because this family shows it so well.
    http://groups.msn.com/SteveandLishsF...decarcrib.msnw

Enjoy your side car! We did it for many many months, and it worked out so well for us.
    3rd baby, first nursling! Lauren 1/17/07

Did you all use the side car arrangement all along? We've been co sleeping for 20 months now and I wish we had tried this. Is this a way to transition them to their own beds?

In some since we have had a side car all along. We used the arm's reach co sleeper sleigh bed which attached directly to our bed. He has done a combination of being in our bed directly and sleeping in "his bed". He would crawl into "his bed" to go to sleep but end up rolling over into ours during the night to breastfeed and sleep close. He got too long for this bed as why the change was needed.
    I am hoping that this will help the transition into his bed easier. I figure we will move him into his room around 2-2.5yrs old. At that stage he can just have it set up as a day bed. *fingers crossed that it works out*.

It wasnt hard to get set up at all and the suggestions worked out perfectly!

Hope that helps you out Tara...Good Luck!
    Breastfed for 20months

We'll definately try that with the next one! Thanks