Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding and working from home

Default Breastfeeding and working from home

I have a beautiful 11 week old daughter whom I adore. We have had a challenging time establishing breastfeeding (OALD, 3 cases of mastitis, cracked and bleeding nipples, and severe GERD) We are finally starting to get the hang of things now but it is still a challenge for about half of her feedings. I am writting because I broke down in tears today from stresses that are overwhelming and I finally hit a wall. Due to our financial situation, I must work from home during the day. I made a commitment to myself since I was a young girl that I would be home to raise my children. My husband supports this; however our situation requires that I put in 3-4 hours a day in order to stay afloat at least for the next year. The work that I did previously was VERY generous in letting me do some work from home; however, I am struggling.

We are currently remodeling the upstairs of our home and we live in the basement. It is a TINY, dark depressing little hole...which has not helped my post partum depression one bit. So what I am left with is trying to handle all of the house work, going on hardly any sleep (about 4 hours a night for the last three months) feedings every hour to hour and 1/2 plus trying to take care of myself and work on the computer 3-4 hours a day with a baby who wants to be held all the time and crys when I put her in her sling. My husband's time is taken in the evenings to work on the house so that we can move upstairs as soon as possible. He wants to help as much as he can, but I dont want to distract him from getting that done. Does anyone have some advise or support for a bf mom that is about to have an emotional breakdown?!

Default Re: Breastfeeding and working from home

I just want to offer a !

You have a lot on your plate mama! I will pray that you get strength and assistance.
    Dana
    Wife to Jonathan Edward, 3/29/2002
    Mother of Alexander "Lex" Edward, 3/4/2007
    Attachment Parenting - it's not what you do, it's why you do it.
    Breastfeeding
    Co-Sleeping
    Wearing Lex as often as possible
    Daytime cloth diaperer, nighttime sposie user

First of all

Second, get a sling or a moby or some kind of babywearing devise!!!!!! this way you can get stuff done and still hold baby. I am sorry that you are having such difficulties. do you co-sleep..if not that may help, it helped me. I am glad your DH is supportive of you, and it stinks that he is working so much, my DH has his own business and I barely see him most of the time during the "season" (which is like 10 months stinkin long) I really think baby wearing will help....you should check out the forum.

You are doing such a good thing and I am impressed with your determination. Keep up the good work. I am leaving work soon but I will check in with you tomorrow
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

When I had my dd2 at work with me, I used the My Breast Friend pillow, got all my items in hands reach, and worked on my computer while nursing. She's often dose for about 30 minutes and I could get some work done. Could you maybe try that?