Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I know when/if he is really hungry?

Default Re: How do I know when/if he is really hungry?

WHEW! That was ALOT Of info LOL
    Ok, Thanks for the article about starting solids. I really think that isnt what NEEDS to be done, so we are opting out of that (even if I do get criticism from family/friends saying he is hungry).
    As far as a sling. The only one I have on hand right now is the NOJO sling. I am not too fond of it, neither is Wyatt. I think mostly because he has reflux we just found out. So the Dr. said he wont like to be laying back. I cant figure out how to make him sit up in this sling. But I am supposed to go over to a friends house this weekend and make both a hotsling type sling (which I am not sure he will like either) and also a sleepy wear type sling. I have heard alot about the Mei Tai's, I may make one of them too LOL. I dont know yet. I REALLY want to be a Babywearing mama....but as of now he REALLY doesnt like it. I am up for any tips on this as well!
    In regards to naps. Not hardly. He will be awake for 4-5 hours or longer and nap maybe an hour. Oddly enough, his pedi said this is normal today. I really think and feel he should be sleeping a bit more. It isnt like he sleeps through the night. He is up anywhere from 2-5 times on most nights. Never less than two, and that is a GOOD night for us. So he really doesnt seem to get much REAL sleep to me. Does that make sense?

And, so now we are on Zantac for the reflux. Not too pleased about meds 2x a day for like ever, until it is better. But, I guess that is what needs to make him feel better.

Thank you all again! Keep any more advice/tips a coming!

Sometimes when I just can't take feeding him Right Now my husband will walk the boy around the house and sing to him and things to soothe him. If he's just after some comfort that can sometimes be enough to get him to nap or just calm down. HTH

Well, the past 2 days have been ok LOL. I am not sure if MOSTLY because Wyatt got shots yesterday so he is napping more and feeding closer to every 2 hrs, or because instead of just feeding him I have been putting him in the carrier to see how that helps (it has sometimes, but he still isnt too fond of it...he will adjust I hope)

A moby wrap allows baby to be tucked in upright. I used one of these and loved it. It take a sec to get the hang of, but its so comfy!