Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Why has she stopped eating?

Default Why has she stopped eating?

DD is 9 weeks old today. Until about 1 week ago, she was nursing constantly (or so it seemed). She has gone from nursing every 1- 1 1/2 hours to every 5-6 hours. Nursing sessions have never lasted more than 10 minutes with her and she's growing like crazy so I figure she must be very efficient, but yesterday was her first day at the sitter's. From the time I fed her before work at 7 am until I picked her up at 5:20 pm she only ate about 3 ounces. She doesn't appear to be soiling as many diapers either. We get about 5-6 soiled diapers/day. Is this "normal"?

She nursed well when we got home and twice again before bed, but shouldn't she be eating more during the day?
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Default Re: Why has she stopped eating?

could just be the end of a growth spurt.
    or she is getting sick. Any body else in the family sick?
    Try lots of skin to skin contact to get her to nurse more often.
    andrea

are you co-sleeping?
    Sometimes they are nursing alot a night and your dead out!

"Soiled" dipes = poopy dipes? Or = pee?

Maybe this is a reaction to being at the sitter's house rather than with you? Perhaps it's temporary and she will resume the eating pattern she had with you once she gets used to the new situation.

My friend's baby won't take BM or F while she's with the sitter. She's nearly 6 months now. She's growing and gaining weight just fine, though.
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaUAE View Post
    "Soiled" dipes = poopy dipes? Or = pee?

Maybe this is a reaction to being at the sitter's house rather than with you? Perhaps it's temporary and she will resume the eating pattern she had with you once she gets used to the new situation.

My friend's baby won't take BM or F while she's with the sitter. She's nearly 6 months now. She's growing and gaining weight just fine, though.

I think you hit the nail on the head about being at the sitter's. But she must be adjusting quickly because the past couple days have been MUCH better. She's eating more and her "output" has picked up again.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!