Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wishing to relactate!!!

Default Re: wishing to relactate!!!

I've introduced the idea of possibly "comfort nursing" but LO just plays, licks, and pinches...lol!!! then he'll get frustrated and want his binky back... I've read somewhere that trying to re-introduce the breast is best when LO is really tired, does anyone know if that really works? IF so, then how exactly do I do it? (slow moment, sorry)

I will be purchasing the Medela PIS-advance sometime in the next week(hopefully), some fenugreek tabs, and lots of oatmeal....I was looking for domperidone, but the pharmacies I saw that have it are asking for a srip...is there another way to get it, becaust the LC's ive spoken with dont like to use it AT ALL.

Is there anything else that I should be trying to find? Ive been doing a lot of research but i dont wanna try anything that someone else hasnt and risk it not workin.

thanks ladies...

and Melbelle, be sure to keep us updated...i would love to hear what you're doing and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mommieagainR2 View Post
    I've introduced the idea of possibly "comfort nursing" but LO just plays, licks, and pinches...lol!!! then he'll get frustrated and want his binky back... I've read somewhere that trying to re-introduce the breast is best when LO is really tired, does anyone know if that really works? IF so, then how exactly do I do it? (slow moment, sorry)
    The licking and playing and pinching are all things that Elisabeth did before she started trying to take a few experimental comfort sucks here and there.

I think the idea is to try to get them to latch on when they are sleepy and don't realize what exactly they are doing Like when your LO is half asleep and roaming around with an open mouth looking for a binky....

Speaking of binkies, I have read that it helps to take the pacifier away if you are trying to get them to comfort suck from you, but I don't know this from personal experience as Elisabeth never cared for a pacifier that much.
    Mama to DD#1 Exclusive pumper for 3 months before getting back to breast

and

DD#2 Straight from the tap since birth

Just an update....

still trying to introduce the whole " back to breast" concept. and we just moved into a bigger place!!! so right now, LO is stil playing around....

as far as pumping, I'm still nt getting anything, so I think I'm gonna try hand expression,and hope for the best.

So glad you posted the update! I had to wean my boy off his binky before he came back to the breast. I threw them all out so I couldn't go get one in a weak moment!!! He did come back to the breast shortly thereafter. Be prepared, he may bite.