Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oatmeal?

Default oatmeal?

my mom used to always tell me to eat lots of oatmeal. does this really work for producing more milk. if so then i am willing to try for LOs sake. Even if it for breakfast lunch and dinner.

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

Default Re: oatmeal?

I noticed a difference, so I eat it for breakfast and sometimes lunch.

It has worked for me. I didn't notice a *huge* difference with DD1, but my supply did increase. I have been eating it pretty faithfully after having DD2 nine weeks ago and my supply is great thus far. I'm not sure what it would be like otherwise, though. Maybe the same?

I think it's like anything else- what may not work for some, may work for others. It can't hurt so I say try it and see what happens!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

I ate oatmeal for breakfast for a long time. I think it does help. At the very least - oatmeal is healthy for you and your getting a good breakfast

It helps me. I have it for breakfast every day.

I think it helped me too. And it does make for a quick and healthy breakfast.

I have successfully used it to increase my supply by eating more of it when my supply dips. I used to have oversupply issues and had to avoid it.
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Haley's Mama View Post
    I have successfully used it to increase my supply by eating more of it when my supply dips. I used to have oversupply issues and had to avoid it.
    totally agree with Gretchen. At the moment I am having a little dip in supply, so the oatmeal is back out of the cupboard, along with the pint glass which I fill with water and drink, very often! Certainly seems to help.
    Claire, Mum to Archie, 5 and Jack, almost 3! Number 3 on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by nina29 View Post
    my mom used to always tell me to eat lots of oatmeal. does this really work for producing more milk.
    Yes, some mothers do note that oatmeal increases milk production. Here is some information:
    www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/oatmeal.html

Quote Originally Posted by nina29 View Post
    if so then i am willing to try for LOs sake. Even if it for breakfast lunch and dinner.
    Are you concerned about your milk production? If so, what has you concerned?

I find porridge helps, as does anything else that's warm and damp (soup, stew etc).

(home executive: I still envy your patience with siting sources left right and centre ^_^ kudos)