Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO wet diaper

Default NO wet diaper

Ok my LO sleeps most the night and usually wakes with a pretty wet diaper well she slept through the night and woke with NO wet diaper not even a messy one... should i just wait it out a lil longer b4 i panic? or should i worry now? she slept from 10p-6a

Default Re: NO wet diaper

I have heard thats normal when they sleep through the night. My dd is 6 months and has never slept through the night so I am not sure. I wouldn't panic though.

Hi Mama,
    You goal for a well hydrated baby is between 5-6 wet disposable diapers (6-8 in cloth diapers) in a 24 hour period. If you are seeing the bare minimum of this then you have little cause for alarm. Are you nursing during this period at all? Does your baby seem active and alert during waking hours?

My Lo is the same way, when he sleeps all night his diaper is barely wet, but when he wakes to nurse it weighs 2 lbs in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by carpentergirl View Post
    Hi Mama,
    You goal for a well hydrated baby is between 5-6 wet disposable diapers (6-8 in cloth diapers) in a 24 hour period. If you are seeing the bare minimum of this then you have little cause for alarm. Are you nursing during this period at all? Does your baby seem active and alert during waking hours?
    no feedings at night and very awake during the day and evening was just wierd that she wasnt wet and dont remember the others doing that this young

I think they can learn to hold it pretty young.

My DS did the same thing, when he started sleeping through the night, he'd have little to no pee. He's active and healthy to this day, so its not just your LO.

Question feel like a new mom

Ok well i am starting to feel like a new mom here i swear never thought i would feel this way again... well my LO has had 1 messy diaper in the last 24hrs several wets and the messy one wasnt the usualy watery poo it was the same color but was slimy lookin. maybe i am just used to the watery ones and this is normal not sure

how often did she nurse?
    sometime taking baby to bed and getting lots of skin to skin contact helps.
    I know its hard with older kids.

i feel like she is constantly eating so i dont think that is it didnt know if it could be something i ate that caused her to have a problem or what she is not cranky at all just seemed odd to only have the 1 dirty diaper in 24hrs??
    having her in bed with me makes me nervouse so the whole time she is in bed with me i am hardly sleeping i get lil naps and then i am drained the next day