Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Reading about starting solids....

Default Reading about starting solids....

Hello ladies... my baby is 7 month (5month corrected age) but I think she is ready for solid... she wants to eat everything that we eat, she sits up with out help, holds her head perfectly and stands up.... more importantly its getting unconfortable to eat infront of her cause she opens her mounth like expecting for me to feed her some, I give her bottle but she throughts it away from her, and of course trys to grab whatever she can from my plate... she doesnt have any teeths yet... I am thinking in buying a book to read about starting solids or may be someone knows a good article about it...any help gladly appreciated

Default Re: Reading about starting solids....

Kelly mom and the LLL site has great info... as does askdrsears.com

You can go to any of those sites right now and type in the search function solids, starting solids, first foods etc. and get some great info.

have fun
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Get "My Child Won't Eat! How to Prevent & Solve the Problem" It's awesome! You might be able to check it out from the library or your LLL library.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Thanks!!!!

Unless the doc is telling you otherwise, it should be ok to start solids. Both my kids started them at 4 months. My son is now 9 months and eating table food. Good luck!
    Jillian
    Mommy to ...
    Ella (11/03/04)
    Owen (03/29/07)
    Cate (11/17/08)