Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Are We Normal??

Default Are We Normal??

My baby girl is 6.5 months old!! They grow up so fast!! She is a healthy 18.5 lbs. we mostly bf, I started giving cereal 2x's a day about a month ago, and I started with cereal/veggies about 2 weeks ago. She still bf's every 3 hours, and then at night about every 3-4 hours. ARE WE NORMAL?? I do not mind getting up to feed her, but according to my aunt who has bf'd 5 babies, she should be sleeping through the night, or at least 5-6 hours at a time. I am thinking about bfing her before I go to bed (hours after she is in bed) and then trying to cut out that next feeding, and feed her the next time she wakes after that- make sence? Any thoughts or ideas on this?? Thanks!!

Default Re: Are We Normal??

each child is differnt but my 3 year old just started to sleep most of the night.
    WE go to bed at 9-10 and she gets up about 7 every morning.
    My 5 year old started sleeping all night when he was about 2..
    Now my 9 year old didn't start sleeping all night untill he was well over 5 and then he started to wet his bed. I would much rather them get up then wet the bed!

All babies are different, it wouldn't be fair for your LO to be compare. If your aunt had five babies she should know by now that there are not set rules to follow for a baby. My DD was sleeping through the night before she was 6 weeks old, DS has never slept through the night and he's almost 13 months, but he's sleeping longer than usual now, I do still feed at least twice during the night but since we co-sleep it really doesn't bother me I just fall right back to sleep.

Gosh I hope you're normal - cuz that means I am normal too! LOL

Normal is whatever IS - as in we are all different and that's cool.