Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any ideas for a breastfeeding log?

Lightbulb Any ideas for a breastfeeding log?

I would like to keep a breastfeeding log for my baby for a few days/weeks so that I can track her feeding and see if there are any patterns to the times, time spent at the breast, possibly time spent feeding Vs time spent on recreational sucking , maybe even be as brave as to track how much she consumes at some of the feedings (we have a baby weighing scale).

Has anybody done this recently? If so - did you do a written log, or keep it on a computer? What format did you use - tables, text etc? Could you please give me some ideas on something that you found worked for you because it was not too complicated?

Thanks

Vidhya.

Default Re: Any ideas for a breastfeeding log?

I am an enormous nerd and do everything in Excel. I still had my spreadsheet saved and itis attached. I printed them out and filled it out on paper and then entered it every couple of days. Not so much for any reason than that I was curious to see if there was a pattern. You have to multiply out the pounds and enter the weight before and after in ounces and it will calculate the approximate # of ounces consumed and then plot them on the attached chart.

After a few random sampling days I realized that my body had a better idea of when she was hungry than any chart would!! I didn't need a chart to tell me my boobs were rock hard! But I am a graph girl, by nature.

If it's up your alley, enjoy!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Woops, I can't atach an excel document, I'll email you if you'd like it, let me know.
    -K
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

I always counted output.. you could add that too.
    I think I would just write down the start of the feed and then figure out how many mins it lasted.
    don't make it too hard if that it makes you stressed out.

I know its hard to relax and trust your baby but you do know them best!
    and most babies when you think you have them figured out start doing something new.
    good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Ann
    Woops, I can't atach an excel document, I'll email you if you'd like it, let me know.
    -K
    Yeah, I would love to see your spreadsheet. Please send it to me at vidhyar@lycos.com. Thanks in advance...