Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Back to pre-baby bras?

Default Back to pre-baby bras?

Okay ladies... is there anyone out there who's been through the weaning process who can tell me how long it will take for me to get back to my pre-baby bra size? Or if I should, as the rumors suggest, expect to get smaller than I was? I'm weaning myself off of the pump this week and now that I won't be nursing , I'm looking forward to fitting into my bras and t-shirts a bit better .

Thanks!!!

Default Re: Back to pre-baby bras?

good luck getting back into that pre-baby size...
    I'm still in the weaning process but I can tell you from experiences of my girlfriends, etc. that you may not EVER go back to pre-baby size (although some women do. I went up 3 bra sizes during pregnancy/early nursing and now that I'm on the tail end of nursing, I'm still one full cup size bigger than pre-preggo. I'm sure others will have different experiences to share, but just wanted to prepare you to be "changed" :-)

I've seen that this definitely varies from mother to mother. Some mothers find that they never go back down to pre-pregnancy size and some mothers find that they are even smaller than pre-pregnancy once lactation stops.

Even after you quit pumping/nursing, it could be many months before you are no longer lactating at all, so I would expect to wait several months before making a huge investment in another size, although you do want to be comfortable in the time being.

Not that i'd change anything about having dd and breastfeeding and all but ... *crosses fingers for a size smaller for me!*