Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: In your experience, which foods stain?

Default In your experience, which foods stain?

I've heard bananas stain. Do avocados? Others?
    I would love to puree some stuff and put it out for my boy to play/eat with, but I'm not sure if I need to cover him up or strip him down so his clothes don't stain.

thanks.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Default Re: In your experience, which foods stain?

we had a bibs with arms...
    Sometimes I would put a kitchen towel over thier laps and hook it to the high chair with a clothes pin..
    in a pinch you can use a kitchen towel and a clothes pin around their neck too.

The one I didn't think about is apples. When they oxidize, you can't get that out of anything! I'm sure there's more, that's just the one I'm bummed about, because I ruined one of DDs shirts that I LOVED.

Quote Originally Posted by mama_p View Post
    The one I didn't think about is apples. When they oxidize, you can't get that out of anything! I'm sure there's more, that's just the one I'm bummed about, because I ruined one of DDs shirts that I LOVED.
    I found Baby oxy clean works well... the powder kind. wet the stain with cold water, make a paste with the oxy clean I then fold the shirt around the stain run it quicky under the water just to wet it some more (on the folded part so your not pouring the water directly on the paste causing it to come off make sense?? ) and let it sit over night. I got a stain out of a shirt that was set after 4 washings with oxy clean.

As far as staining. I have a really big bib with arms that I call my blueberry bib, cause nothing stains like blueberries And if I'm giving something that stains or want DD to play and have fun I make sure shes not wearing anything that I would hate to maybe loose.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Claires Mama View Post
    I found Baby oxy clean works well... the powder kind. wet the stain with cold water, make a paste with the oxy clean I then fold the shirt around the stain run it quicky under the water just to wet it some more (on the folded part so your not pouring the water directly on the paste causing it to come off make sense?? ) and let it sit over night. I got a stain out of a shirt that was set after 4 washings with oxy clean.
    I'll have to try that! Thanks!

chocolate soy milk! stains terrible.

we just take the kids shirts off at mealtimes.

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here