Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Killing my boob!

Default Killing my boob!

When I go to nurse Liliana on my left breast she cries and starts tugging on it with her mouth. She doesn't do this when I put her on the right side. Why is she doing this b.c. it really hurts!
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!

Default Re: Killing my boob!

Does you breast seem red or does it have any bumps on it? Does baby have any white flim looking stuff in its mouth? If you have anyone of these thinks it could be thrush. A bacteria infection on you breast and in babies mouth. It is easily treated, but you need to see you doctor. If you think it might be that, and you can't see the doctor right away, buy some unflavored yogurt at the store and put some on you nipple, these well help the pain, and stop anymore bacteria from forming. but do go see you doctor when you can. you can do this every time you nurse so baby get yogurt in their mouth too, because if you have it so does baby.

She may have developed a boob preference, especially if you have one side that lets down faster than the other. I know my DD preferred my left side (the slower side) first when she was smaller and the right side first now that she's older and can keep up better. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by mommy shur shur View Post
    Does you breast seem red or does it have any bumps on it? Does baby have any white flim looking stuff in its mouth? If you have anyone of these thinks it could be thrush. A bacteria infection on you breast and in babies mouth. It is easily treated, but you need to see you doctor. If you think it might be that, and you can't see the doctor right away, buy some unflavored yogurt at the store and put some on you nipple, these well help the pain, and stop anymore bacteria from forming. but do go see you doctor when you can. you can do this every time you nurse so baby get yogurt in their mouth too, because if you have it so does baby.
    Thrush was the first thing I thought it might be but I checked her mouth and my breast and both are negative for white film, etc. Plus she has no problem with nursing on the other side. My left breast (the one she has problems with) is the smaller one so maybe that's why. I just wish she would stop b.c. I swear she is stretching it out.
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!