Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: She turned 2!

Default She turned 2!

Hi, I don't post much but wanted to share that my daughter just turned 2 and is still nursing! I'm so happy to have made it to 2 years even though I started working full time two months ago. The best part is I just switched her doctor because the last one was sooo breastfeeding unfriendly. Well, her new doctor was taking her history and asked if she was breastfed or bottlefed, I answered breastfed and when she asked for how long, I said well actually she still is. I was so nervous to get negative feedback especially because my mom was in the room. Well, to my surprise she said thats great! Then I mentioned how I was weaning her but very slowly and letting her set the pace. She said that was a good way to go. I was thrilled. When I got home, my husband asked me if the new doctor gave me a hard time about still breastfeeding. I was able to say no she thinks its wonderful. No one gives me a real hard time about still nursing, but I know my mom thinks its 'weird', and my husband never is encouraging or supportive. He's more like whatever. He really wouldn't have cared if I had never breastfed at all. I haven't had any encouragement or praise for breastfeeding since she turned 6 months old. Sorry so long, just wanted to share with other mommas nursing their toddlers.
    Last edited by EvaNicole; January 12th, 2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: forgot

Default Re: She turned 2!

First off , my LO is only 13 weeks but you ladies that keep bfing past one inspire me alot!!!

Congrats mama! That's great you found such a good doctor! Happy Birthday to your lo!

Congrats to you and Happy Birthday to your daughter! Way to go!
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

Yay! So nice to get that positive feedback! Happy birthday to your LO!

That's awesome! Congratulations!
    Hot momma to The Boy born 19 December 2006.

Nursing The Boy for 1 year...and still going strong! I kicked the pump out the door though!

Oh, and I'm a cloth convert. Late in life. But only at home. Daycare isn't having it.

HI, Thanks everyone!

That is so awesome! Good for you! I hope you two had a great birthday!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06