Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does NIP ever get easier?

Default Re: Does NIP ever get easier?

Oh and after a while you really won't care even if you are flashing a boob!

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I walked around a restraunt nursing in my sling and no one could tell and both hands were freeIts taken practice

It does get easier. And the more comfortable you get, the more you will notice that no one is paying attention to what you're doing anyway! Keep practicing and keep leading by example that THIS SHOULD BE THE NORM!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

It gets super easy- For me it got easier when Owen could help me support his weight. He is long and I am little with big breasts and small hands- a hard mix

Once it got easier to hold him sans boppy , and I figured out which shirts were the easiest to NIP in - it was all good.

keep trying you are doing great!!
    Allie, moma to Owen born 11/23/2006 and breast feeding ever since. .

No time for flash cards! ~fun and learning for toddlers and preschoolers.

I second the nursing cover! It has made a ton of difference for me. I am bigger and I did not think the bebe au lait covered well enough so I made my own. I am thinking about making some to sell. Letme know if you are interested!

I myself also have found that i know I have the right and I am proud that I am the only source of babys food. I nurse everywhere. The only problem i do have that make me uneasy is that i dont want my tummy showing or my fat on my back . LOL I am not back to my pre baby weight and i dont want any one looking at that LOL. The more you do it the easier it will get. It is just a boob most everyone has seen one any way. Good luck!

Yes, it does get easier! If a nursing cover makes you more comfortable, some PP have great suggestions about different ones to try.

My personal experience is that using some big coverup is much more obvious, and frankly annoying to both me and the baby, than just slipping a boob out and pulling your shirt down to cover anything that might be exposed. You could try practicing at home in front of a mirror to see exactly what you're showing (you might be surprised at how little it really is!). Good luck, and be proud of what you're doing for your baby!
    Erin - Hayden James is my beautiful boy - we've been nursing happily for two years, with no end in sight!

Change the language, change the reality.

NIP gets tons easier, and I'm sure that one of the reasons why is because the longer you BF your baby, the more convinced you are that it's the right thing to do, and the stronger you become in your conviction that "Hell, I'm doing this!!", so you become much less bothered about where and when you NIP. Good luck to you mama, you're giving your baby the best there is!
    Claire, Mum to Archie, 5 and Jack, almost 3! Number 3 on the way!