Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Venting...

Default Venting...

My LO got shots yesterday and today she has a low grade fever, which is very comment for babies when they get shots. But today has been the hardest day of my life. My LO didn't sleep good threw the night, so I am sleep deprived in the first place, and she won't stop crying today. I gave her Baby Tylenol for her fever, but she is still fussy and only wants mommy. She wants to eat every hour, and I can't even sit down with her because she wants me to walk around with her, and with a 13lb baby that can get tiring. I am sure it is probably because of the shots that she got, but I just needed some support because I am so tired, and worn out. My DH is out of state working, so I am by myself, so it is pretty hard to handle all this alone especially being a first time mommy. Just need to vent thats all. I know it will get better, but this was a hard day for me.

Default Re: Venting...

I am so sorry you are having such a rough day. I hope it gets better soon!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

awe could you take the baby to bed and just rest?
    sometimes the skin to skin contatct helps them settle down and sleep a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    awe could you take the baby to bed and just rest?
    sometimes the skin to skin contatct helps them settle down and sleep a little bit.
    She does like to sleep next to me, but she won't sleep very long. Thanks though.

Do you have something to wear her in?
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

So sorry you are having a rough day. My LO first shots were exactly like that - I had to hold him, he's big also. I did manage to get into the rocking chair when he fell asleep, but it's wood and uncomfortable, but it moved.

It was probably the roughest day I have had yet, and I dreaded his next shots, which didn't have hardly any negative effect at all. Nor did the ones after that.

Hold your LO, and hopefully she'll feel MUCH better tomorrow and you will get some rest.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

Hang in there!!!!!