Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP! Amoxicillin lessening milk supply? 5moold not interested...

Exclamation HELP! Amoxicillin lessening milk supply? 5moold not interested...

I have been on Amoxicillin for about 4 days now for illness and Caiden is just on the tail end of his own Amoxil for an ear infection.
    The thing is-he has become very fussy on the breast since he has been sick and even after he is feeling better.

I noticed that, even though he is a very fast nurser (w/the help of my Over active let down) he is usually done within 10 minutes.
    Now, he is done in about 5 minnutes and my letdown doesn't seem as strong and my milk supply doesn't seem a lot at all. I have tried to nurse more frequently to gain milk-but nothing. Also, I have offered both breasts- andhe REALLY doesn't like that.

I try and keep him on the breast for longer, but w/his teething issues-he fusses and pulls and wants to get up. I am in a quiet room w/very little distractions.
    What is going on? His sleeping issues have been all over the place too. He never seems to be in a restful deep sleep without me or DH holding him.

I am very concerned about my milk supply and why it seems so low. My breasts are saggy like after I weaned my DD. No fullness, lessened let down...Could it be the antibiotics?

I am terrified that I will have to stop BF'ing...

I really need some encouragement and some advice....

MoMmY316 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: HELP! Amoxicillin lessening milk supply? 5moold not interested...

with antibiotics u need to drink LOTS of water so make sure u go

Antibiotics are ok while nursing???
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Yes many antibiotics are ok while nursing. Amoxicillin is one and augmentin is another. I would guess the not nursing is due to the way he is feeling and not the effect of the medicine on you. Drink lots and keep offering.
    SAHM mom to 5 daughters-16,15,13,3,10 months Happy Wife to stressed out, overworked husband

My dd didn't want to nurse much w/ an ear infection now she is back to nursing all the time. Try nursing while hes sleeping it might help.