Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hands free bras?? worth the $???

Default hands free bras?? worth the $???

I have a medela in style double pump, and have been looking at the LLL bras. If u have one, would u say the suction stays strong..I have to massage, and do one at a time now...ok for now..but going back to work in 5 weeks, and need to practice with both at once...thanks..abrenna

Default Re: hands free bras?? worth the $???

I just took an old sports bra and cut a small "X" in it, just big enough for the breast sheild end to fit through (the small tube part in the back) and put the shield on and the end through the hole and conected it to the rest of the pump. Worked great, allowed me to do compressions and was cheap. I'd give that a try before spending the money.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

To me, it's worth it. Because I hate having to undress in order to put on another bra to pump. Pumping is a big enough pain in the ass as it is without adding another 2 minutes to the experience. (And those 2 minutes add up for me to 40 minutes a week!) My goal this time was to make pumping as easy on myself as possible. This La Leche League bra is wonderful. I wear it as my regular bra all day long.

It's not the best bra but I am an F cup and it is adequate. All the fabric makes the bra a little lumpy if I don't smooth it out manually. I always wear jackets or lab coats anyway, so it is not an issue for me if it looks wrinkly...

Quote Originally Posted by Claires Mama View Post
    I just took an old sports bra and cut a small "X" in it, just big enough for the breast sheild end to fit through (the small tube part in the back) and put the shield on and the end through the hole and conected it to the rest of the pump. Worked great, allowed me to do compressions and was cheap. I'd give that a try before spending the money.
    I agree!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I made a hands-free strap with a wide elastic with small holes cut for the pump shields. I sewed velcro on the ends to close, but you could use a safety pin, or leave it long enough to tie around you.

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

I never invested in a hands free bra. I followed directions on www.kellymom.com to make my bra hands free with some hair rubber bands. The pump hooks onto the clasp on my nursing bra and it works wonderfully! Check out kellymom for a how to (there are pictures there too.)

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda's Mom View Post
    I never invested in a hands free bra. I followed directions on www.kellymom.com to make my bra hands free with some hair rubber bands. The pump hooks onto the clasp on my nursing bra and it works wonderfully! Check out kellymom for a how to (there are pictures there too.)
    I do the same thing. The hair ties work GREAT for me! (really cheap too)
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!

Because I work FT and pump 3x's per day 5 days a week, I invested in this one:

http://store.babycenter.com/product/...CatBestsellers

I don't regret a penny of the purchase - it's fantastic.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried the rubberbands after DD ate just to see how it worked and man oh man~~!~!! i got out an oz. and played a video game the whole time!!! it was AMAZING~!!! i just tucked my bra under the bottom and wha la :0) this will be perfect when i go back to work.tear tear....and mmuucccchhh cheaper than the bras..thanks..ps...what a CUTIE!!!! thanks

I bought one for pumping 3x/day 2-3 days per week. I make phone calls while I pump and have never had a problem with the set up. I suggest buying to fit or slightly larger. You can always do a running stitch and take in some of the material as you lose weight.