Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: No Poop!

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default No Poop!

So we are having some trouble with Miss Clare. She has been on solids for about 1 1/2 months and has eaten Rice cereal, Barley, Sweet Pots, Squash, bananas, carrots and now peaches. All home made. Last week she didn't poop for 5 days and seemed to be trying so I gave her some prune juice, apple sauce and after day 5 came and went a little sugar water. Nothing worked so I went to the drug store for some help. Anyway now she is having trouble again, tomorrow will be day 4 and I don't know what to do. Please help.

Default Re: No Poop!

It's normal to go up to a week without poop. Consistency is more important than frequency when it comes to poop- if the stool is soft and squishy and baby doesn't have trouble passing it, everything is okay even if it's not happening as frequently as it used to.

If you are having that many days between bowl movements in a baby eating solids i might ease off on the solids a bit. More bm!

PP is correct. If the consistency is soft when LO eventually goes, everything should be just fine. It is when your looking at more of pellets that you know it is true constipation. My LO went through quite a long phase when solids were introduced where he would go once a week. I did find that bananas and rice were making it tougher. But he never strained and seemed like a happy little boy. The phase passed. Now he is back to every day. I think that LO's digestive systems are so immature, it is just an adjustment period.
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet

She sounds constipated to me. All those foods are very constipating. You may have to give her a glycerin suppository to make her go. I would ease off the solids for a while and see whether the poops improve. Try to balance out the fibrous foods with meat/protein and fat, and that should help. Use olive oil, butter, and coconut oil when you prepare things. Good luck!

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.