Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nipples/bottles approved by LLL?

Question nipples/bottles approved by LLL?

I will be going back to work in about 6 weeks (my little princess is 6 weeks old now) she is breastfeeding well. Are there any bottles/nipples that are approved by LLL, or any that they reccomend? Even though she is feeding well I am worried about nipple confusion. I would be heart broken if she will only feed from a bottle and stops wanting my breast.
    I was upset when my son decided he had enough and weaned himself at 12 months! I cant imagine not bfing my little girl.
    any advice on the best bottles/nipples for going back anf forth from bottle to breast?

Default Re: nipples/bottles approved by LLL?

. I know how you feel. I went back to work when LO was 12 weeks as well and had the same exact concerns. I am not sure if LLL has an approved list of bottles to use though. We used the Second Nature bottle and it worked well, for a while anyway (he quit bottles when he was 7 months and went to a sippy cup instead). Whatever bottle you choose just make sure you are using the slowest flow nipple that is available. My LO never had any nipple confusion and we would nurse, nurse, and nurse some more whenever we were together -- so that kept my supply up! We are still happily nursing at 13 1/2 months Good luck!
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

I am a sahm, so I don't HAVE to give a bottle, but we do try to once a day. I am not sure if there are any lll approved bottles/nipples. We use breastflow bottles, we got them from babies r us. I liked these ones because they have 2 nipples (one inside the other) and it is supposed to try to mimic the way lo has to compress your breast to get the milk out. Wyatt loves this bottle!
    hth
    Tosha

[QUOTE=Seb's mommy;406455]: Whatever bottle you choose just make sure you are using the slowest flow nipple that is available. [QUOTE]

I didn't know this...I've been going up as recommended by AVENT...should I keep feeding my dd with the number 1 even though she's three months old?

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

From what I know, our own nipples don't change flow so there is no need to change the bottles to a faster flow. Also, it is a possibility that the baby may come to prefer the bottle nipple over your own because it is less effort for them to get the milk with a fast slow nipple.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

LLL does not have an approved list of bottles, nipples, or formula.
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!