Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm New, but is he having a nursing strike?

Default Re: I'm New, but is he having a nursing strike?

Ashleeandnoah,
    Sorry to hear about your trying experience. How does ds react to the bottle? Do you think maybe he has become a little lazy over the past few months, know that anytime he has trouble or doesn't nurse well he will get the faster flow bottle?

If you think this might be the case, let us know. There are other ways you can feed him EBM while he is on a nursing strike.

That being said, has he been ill at all? Have you had him checked just to make sure he has not had an ear infection, sore throat, etc?

Also, have you considered that he might be reacting to something in your diet? Babies are so smart. They know what is causing them discomfort...even if it is the same thing GIVING them comfort!

Well he decided to eat. Saturday he started eating when we drove around. I know I know about the safety laws and everything but it was the only way he'd eat. But after that all day ... sunday he started eating normally and now its as if he is back to the way he was. He's sleep now and snoozing with his full belly.

I hope you can soothe your baby too ashleeandnoah.

Glad to hear things are going better for you!

Let us know of any new developments and keep up the wonderful parenting! You sound like you are doing great!