Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Working, pumping, & finding time to excercise

Default Working, pumping, & finding time to excercise

I am a full time working mom who has been pumping for almost 8 months now. With working full time & dopping off/picking up my little one at day care by the time I get home I don't have any time to work out (especially now that my little one is on the go).

My only little workout includes 30-60 squats and 15 push-up's (takes me about 3-5 minutes) everytime I finish pumping at work. I typically pump 3 times at work. I have saw great results with my upper arms and thighs after one month. Does anyone else have any tricks up their sleeves finding time to sneak in excercising into their busy schedule?

Default Re: Working, pumping, & finding time to excercise

No good advice, btw I could have written your post! I your idea though! Thanks! I am going to try it- you could do dips off a chair and maybe some lunges. I try and park so that I will have to walk further every place I go sans lo. Also , always take the stairs!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

I don't know if this will help, but I got an Ellipitcal off Craigslist. It is almost new and I paid $50 for it. Also if you want to invest a little money, the Bowflex gyms are great. My hubby and I had one. I loved it. He didn't really like it, b/c it is more for a women... Great for Toning. He likes to build muscle. The Bowflex workouts are designed to be completed in 20minutes.

We sold the Bowflex b/c we both LOVE going to the gym, plus I like to take the classes.

Good luck and PM me if you want more info on the Bowflex

Flexing your abs while sitting with good posture actually helps some. It's not as good as a real crunch, but it still helps.
    Hot momma to The Boy born 19 December 2006.

Nursing The Boy for 1 year...and still going strong! I kicked the pump out the door though!

Oh, and I'm a cloth convert. Late in life. But only at home. Daycare isn't having it.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have an exercise ball that I intended to use in place of my chair to tone my abs. I haven't tried it yet. I'm told that you need to start of using it just a few minutes a day and build up to using it all the time.