Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: thrush????

Default thrush????

Not sure if I have thrush or not. My nipples are red on top and a little sore. I have been using canesten on myself and nystatin on my 18 month old daughter for 5 days now bu redness is still there. My daughter is showing no signs of thrush in her mouth...could it be something else?

Default Re: thrush????

Hi Cori,
    Here's an article that describes thrush symptoms.
    Is thrush causing my sore nipples?
    This article talks more in-depth about thrush and treatments and includes a list of other causes of nipple pain and conditions that mimic yeast infections.
    Let me know if you have further questions, OK? The second article has great info but it's long.
    Mary

Smile Re: thrush????

Quote Originally Posted by Cori
    Not sure if I have thrush or not. My nipples are red on top and a little sore. I have been using canesten on myself and nystatin on my 18 month old daughter for 5 days now bu redness is still there. My daughter is showing no signs of thrush in her mouth...could it be something else?
    I had a case of thrush and it felt like a bunch of bee stings on my nipples every time my baby would latch on or off.... I do know like most fungal infections, it may take weeks to clear up, so i would stay on the Nystatin and hope that you caught it early!