Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screaming!

Default Re: Screaming!

Quote Originally Posted by jaki.my.ny View Post

Also, double check that your little one isn't tired. My little man will fight his sleep until he can't anymore. This is one of the only time he'll get fussy too. Sometimes it takes me an hour or more just to put him to sleep.

That's exactly the reason my almost 4 month old daugther cries. She's also showing signs of teething, but most of the time she is jsut overly tired. I just take her to a dark room and rock her to sleep with her pacifier. She might scream for a few minutes or so, but if she doesn't take the breast and her diaper is clean-then 9 chances out of 10 she's just tired and ready for some sleep.

Good luck! I know how frustrating a screaming LO is. Mine has always been a fussy lil' girl, but we can get through this!
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by mommy shur shur View Post
    I had problems with not enough milk before. Like she wasn't having enough wet diapers, not pooping right and not gaining enough. But i think we are ok now. It always happens at night mostly and sometimes in the day.
    This sounds so familiar, it make me wonder if it has to do with baby getting sufficient sleep...

Is she sleeping through the night or getting enough sleep? My ds was not and screamed and screamed and screamed even though he had a full belly, dry + clean diaper, and was even being held and rocked by me.

Quote Originally Posted by bowser625 View Post
    That's exactly the reason my almost 4 month old daugther cries. She's also showing signs of teething, but most of the time she is jsut overly tired. I just take her to a dark room and rock her to sleep with her pacifier. She might scream for a few minutes or so, but if she doesn't take the breast and her diaper is clean-then 9 chances out of 10 she's just tired and ready for some sleep.

Good luck! I know how frustrating a screaming LO is. Mine has always been a fussy lil' girl, but we can get through this!
    ITA may be over stimulated. Don't stress just try to make her mealtimes a little less exciting. Minimize distractions and have it quiet and dim. Sometimes they just need private time.

My lo is doing the same thing and it's gas. Can't be anything but. The way she screams during feedings and won't eat, pumps her legs and thrashes about... I've done massage, gas drops, gripe water, and nothing works. The elimination diet starts tomorrow. I have occasional issues with dairy, so that's the first place I'm going to start. She hasn't eaten in hours and when she's not sleeping, she's awake and screaming.

You may also want to check her for reflux... My two screamed constantly, and would only nurse for a few minutes at a time and pull off due to reflux. Once we went to the GI dr and got them on meds it was like night and day. They went from screaming 75-80% of the time to 10-20% of the time.
    Nancy
    Mom to Elijah & Audrey 9/19/06
    Twin GERDlings

for 21 mo