Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I feel like this is a silly question!

Default I feel like this is a silly question!

I had a horrible oversupply with my son and feel like I should know this already. But here it is. My 2 mo. old baby girl seems to handle my letdowns like a champ most of the time. I block feed on left all morning 'till 3 or 4 in the afternoon then switch to right 'till bath (8 p.m.) . Then 2 feeds on left and then back to R for overnight.
    Here's the question , sometimes I feel like I haven't fully emptied the breast before I switch. Should you block feed 'till your are REALLY soft?

She was 8.14 at birth and 15.2 at 2 mo. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing?

Oh , and sometimes I feel like I don't have enough milk 'cause she doesn't scream like my son did. She has regulated my milk already! Last night she kept bobbing on and off and I was horrified there was no milk in my breast. I did a little squeeze and milk came out but is that really a good gauge?

Default Re: I feel like this is a silly question!

Hi,

You don't need to block-feed until you are completely soft. If your baby is content, gaining well, and having plenty of diaper output, you can be assured that she is getting plenty to eat. Many moms find that they are better able to manage oversupply the second time around, because they know what to expect.

HTH.

Tiana