Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you call it?

Default Re: What do you call it?

DD usually says "mum mum". But lately she has been saying "num num", which usually refers to solid foods or "ba ba" which is what she calls her bottle. I think she is just trying anything out to see what happens.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

We call it "milk". That way, even if I'm in the middle of a store and he says it, I don't get the odd looks from people thatI'm still nursing a toddler and I don't have to try to explain to them. What he doesn't tell other people can't hurt them or annoy us!

My daughters named it yummies and i love that because if we are out and they start wanting yummy people do not know what they are on about .
    LOuise

I always call it "boob" or "nurse". My DS does the sign for milk which to us means nurse. Or he just grabs my top and looks down it! I always know when he wants it anyways!

My DS calls it "more"...he points at my chest and says more...I think he got it from when he was younger and he would finish on one side I would ask him if he wanted more meaning switch sides. I like that he calls it something that isn't embarassing in public...however he can get quite agressive poking my chest and yanking on my shirt when he really wants to nurse but I don't want him to at that time.

Nora calls it milk, but she pronounces it "ma" (accompanied by the sign). It took me a little while to realize that's what she was saying because she calls me "ma-ma" and it sounds exactly the same. I suppose I'm forever linked to milk in her mind.

More recently she's gotten interested in naming her (and my) body parts and she calls my boobs "boobies." She pronounces it like "baby" though so it gets a little confusing.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

He's not using any words for it, aside from the occasional "dat" along with jabbing the boobs. But mostly, he signs "milk" - double fisted, for some reason! LOL I have a bad habit of asking "do you want some boobie?", so I wouldn't be surprised if he picked that up. Eek!

DS, 11/08/06
    DD 02/06/09

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpecker View Post
    But mostly, he signs "milk" - double fisted, for some reason! LOL
    Mine too! It's funny.
    Erin (32), breastfeeding CLW, knitting cloth-diapering crocheting, heirloom tomato-growing philosophizing poker-playing feminist artist mama to my 19 month old daughter! Baby #2 due January 2009.

My LO started calling it "nur nur" when he was a little over a year old. I always said "nurse" so he was trying to say that. I also would ask him if he wanted to switch sides, so sometimes he would come up to me and say "soo siies" (which I misinterpreted as "outside" a few times).
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

My LO signs milk (also with both hands!) and says chee-chees. When she's done she always says MMMMM!
    Bee- proud mama to Maggie, 6/12/06 and Maya, 10/15/08