Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you call it?

Default Re: What do you call it?

My 3 yr old alled it Nums. She started out calling anything yummy nums including ice cream and cookies. It was kind of nice being in the same catagory as dessert.
    SAHM mom to 5 daughters-16,15,13,3,10 months Happy Wife to stressed out, overworked husband

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMoo View Post
    My 3 yr old alled it Nums. She started out calling anything yummy nums including ice cream and cookies. It was kind of nice being in the same catagory as dessert.

My ds never called it anything that I remember, just made his needs known.

My dd has called it Yum nums for a long time now, and will nurse one one side, then say and point and say other side peeas! LOL
    Cloth Diapering & Family, SAHMomma to Joel (5/04) and & to Hannah (6/06) and devoted wife to Joel

My son doesn't call it anything yet (17 months) but I refer to it as milkies or milk (used to call it bubbies - but don't want him shouting that out while we are out somewhere).

I have always used the words "Mommy's Milk" and started signing milk too around 9 months with him. He signed for a bit before he had much of a vocabulary, and now signs and says milk, even signs and says "More" and "Milk" so it's pretty clear

My husband thought it was hilarious too to use words I thought were inappropriate, funny, but inappropriate. I asked him to stop as I didn't want my son to ask for "titties" while we're at the store. I had a nephew who did that, funny for a time at home, but really embarrasing when he threw a fit for titties at the store or something.

I say nurse and sign milk.
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

DD calls is "boo, peees" (boobs, please thanks to DH) and DS points to my chest and says "nus, nus" (nurse)
    Nancy
    Mom to Elijah & Audrey 9/19/06
    Twin GERDlings

for 21 mo

My twin boys say "nah nah" for nursing.
    Last edited by MamaCeleste; January 12th, 2008 at 09:39 PM.
    Celeste
    Mommy to:
    Kalynn 8/12/02
    Ronin and Ryker 10/9/2006

My twins call it "num-num" or "num-nuh". I wish I'd chosen a different name, because it gets confusing since sometimes I'm not sure if they're saying num-num (for my milk), momma (for me), or nigh-nigh (when they are ready to go to bed). If I'm not sure what they want right away, it does get quickly clarified by their signing.

My son also says "mum mum mum" when he wants to nurse. I think he's actually saying "mom". Anyways, we say "milka milka milka". Not sure where it came from, but it stuck. I did use to say, "want a boobie", trying to be funny, but I read about kids screaming to be nursed. I didn't want him to scream "I want a boobie"! I also sign it hoping he'll pick it up, but not yet, but I still try!