Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hand expression

Default Hand expression

Hi . I was wondering about hand expression. I am currently trying to relactate. The pump in the morning gives me some results (1/4 of an oz)
    but when I remove the pump I can hand express more out even though the pump isn't getting it.
    then any other time during the day that I use the pump I really only get a few drops. but if I hand express I get more .
    so my question is. with relactating. don't you have to empty the breast to tell it to make more milk? Will the pump stimulation be just as good at telling it to make more milk??

Thanks!

Default Re: Hand expression

So, yes it seems like you are still having more luck with hand expression than the pump, right? That is rare, but I know you said this has happened before. I will look into this more for you. You do have to remove milk to make more.

Are you able to get in touch with the LC you had seen before?

Default Re: Hand expression

I am going to see the LC tomorrow as long as they can fit me in for an Apt. since my mother will be able to watch my older son.

Do you know typically how much the SNS costs? I bought one before but threw it out because I absolutly hated it with Ethan. He wouldn't suck on anything but the same dr brown nipples. Aidan will eat off of anything that brings him food lol so I am thinking of getting one depending on costs since we are limited on funds right now.

I got another Oz today in total. same as yesterday. I am hoping it continues to improve.

I also want to make sure I have the right size nipple shield and that he is latching correctly. I hope I can get in tomorrow I just had to wait for my husband to get paid since it costs to see her.

thanks again!