Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: aving trouble digesting

Default aving trouble digesting

After my c-section, I am having trouble digesting food. I never had this problem before. I seem to be gassy (excuse my language) and hence don't feel like eating much. Well, if I don't eat much, I get no milk. Has anyone had this problem? It is really frustrating.

Default Re: aving trouble digesting

I had some trouble with constipation, which made me gassy, in the early weeks PP - I thought it had to do with not getting enough water to keep up with BFing demands. I also had a csec, but never thought it was the cause of my digestion issues, just thought it was being post partum.

I drink tons of water and walk a lot and that seemed to help.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

It is very possibly a result of your surgery. I had to vaginally deliveries, but the second time I had my tubes tied. I had constipation and gas for about 5 days after the second birth and I'm sure it had to do with the tubal. Hang in there. I took stool softeners recommended by hospital (check with your doc).

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by amyped View Post
    It is very possibly a result of your surgery. I had to vaginally deliveries, but the second time I had my tubes tied. I had constipation and gas for about 5 days after the second birth and I'm sure it had to do with the tubal. Hang in there. I took stool softeners recommended by hospital (check with your doc).

Amy
    Ick - I meant TWO vaginal deliveries

gall blatter?
    lots of moms have trouble after birth.
    Try small meals, low fat, lots of water to drink.

I also had a C-Section, which I didn't even want in the first place, and I was so gassy that is felt worse then being in Labor. The doctors didn't know what to do with me. Walking seemed to help even though its not very fun to do when you have the gas. Plenty of water also! That will really help!