Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Won't eat! Help!

Default Won't eat! Help!

Ever since last night my baby won't eat very good, or even at all. She is 4 months old, and she cries like she is hungry but then when I go to feed her she won't take it. This morning I feed her but she only took one side and she usually takes both sides. And she hasn't eaten in 4 HOURS and she won't take either side. She usually eats every 2 to 3 hours. What do I do? Is it something I am eating? Is something wrong?

Default Re: Won't eat! Help!

i dont have alot of advice but my lo is same age and she goes through days like that, most of the time ive found that her gums are hurting her, (isnt it to early for teeth!) but after letting her chew on something cold i can get her to latch just fine.

Default Re: Won't eat! Help!

I agree with PP - same thing. Maybe try getting a frozen washcloth for your LO to bite on just before nursing. My LO is 7 months, teething fierce and I think the warmth of the breast makes nursing painful. I keep cold things handy and he goes on/off the breast alternating with the cold.

Hopefully that's all it is with your LO. Has she been having regular poops for her? Sometimes if my LO is a tad constipated he eats less until after the movement.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years