Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you do it????

Default How do you do it????

First let me say to all of you still breastfeeding past a year and longer are an inspiration. Congrats and thank you!!!!

My LO is only 12 weeks but I plan on BFing as long as I can....

My questions are.... Are most of ya'll stay at home moms or working moms?

As for the working mom's how often are you pumping?

Are most of you over-producers of milk or just normal producers?

Did you do or take anything special to keep up your supply?

Thanks and again

Default Re: How do you do it????

SAHM. DS is 19 mo old. Average times a day we nurse is about 8 - we just night weaned.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I was a sahm. (Working out of the home 3 hours a week doesn't count does it?)

Had some issues with over supply, yes.

Dd never accepted a bottle so the pump and I had a hate-hate relationship.

I work full time. I went back to work when LO was 12 weeks and pumped twice a day. My son is now 13 1/2 months and has never had any formula. I pump weaned when he was one and now we nurse mornings, when I get home, and again before bed. On the weekends I let him nurse whenever he wants which is about 4 times per day.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

I work FT since dd2 was 6 weeks, but had her with me at the office until 4.5 months. I pump 3x's per day and once before bed. DD2 is 10 months, no formula yet, but it's been close lately with AF's return. I definitely do not have oversupply.

work FT since 6 weeks and he is now over a year (not by much but over ) at my peak I pumped 5x a day to get 3-4 4oz bottles now i pump 3x aday for 2 but i will be pump weaning soon (hopefull starting tomorrow)

i had i guess you could call is undersupply issues. but I just pumped and pumped until I had enough. the theory of pump as many times as the baby misses wasnt enough for me
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

WAHM...Ari is 13 months now and nurses 3-4 times a day. I took Mother's Milk tea when he was a newborn, but mainly because I liked the taste of it - I don't really think it helped my production beyond just helping me stay hydrated, KWIM?

Quote Originally Posted by Ari's Mom View Post
    WAHMI took Mother's Milk tea when he was a newborn, but mainly because I liked the taste of it - I don't really think it helped my production beyond just helping me stay hydrated, KWIM?
    Good to know I'm not the only one - I love hot beverages, so the MM tea replaced coffee in my life - well, some of the coffee anyway

I went back to work ft when DD was 12 weeks. My supply was not great so I typically pumped 4-5 times a day to get enough milk for DD's daycare bottles. She ate more than is typical for most bf babies, though too. I got in a slump when DD was 9-10 months old so I started taking fenugreek to help with my supply along with some other things like eating healthier, drinking lots of water, etc. It does take work and commitment but is really worth it in my opinion. Right now I am considering weaning from the pump and just bf when we are together. Good luck!
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

Quote Originally Posted by hollandperformancehorses View Post
    As for the working mom's how often are you pumping?

Are most of you over-producers of milk or just normal producers?

Did you do or take anything special to keep up your supply?
    WOHM

Pumped until DS was almost 16 mo old.

At times have had both oversupply and dips in supply.

Made sure to take good care of myself.

DS is 17.5 mo. He nurses 4 or so times a day, and gets soy milk when he's at preschool (DS has a dairy allergy).
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)